Edmealem Shetaye (Dr.)
- Attained Diploma in Animal health, from Debre-Zeit Assistant Veterinarian Training Institute, 1980
- DVM degree from Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Moscow Veterinary Academy (1984-1990)
- PhD degree in Veterinary Epidemiology from Brno, University of Veterinary Sciences and Pharmaceuticals Czech Republic (2003- 2007).
Current affiliation: Very much interested to work on pastoral and livestock development thematic areas, mainly on animal health, marketing and trade issues, resilience building initiatives, including in agricultural development and DRM issues.
Currently working as National IGAD Drought resilience and sustainable Initiative Coordinator, for Ethiopia.
- National Coordinator for IGAD Drought Disaster Resilience Sustainable Initiative (IDDRSI), April 2014 to date:
- National Project Coordinator for the Technical Support of Agricultural Growth project, UNFAO-ET (Funded by the GAFSP/WB, Jan 2013 –April 2014)
- D/Director of Agricultural Extension Directorate, MoA June 2010 – December 2012
- Head of the pastoral extension team, Agricultural Extension Department, Ministry of Agriculture, Ethiopia. Nov. 2000 - Aug. 2003
Responsibility at EVA: President